website flickr photo blog twitter facebook

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

free at last!



happy wednesday everybody! today i had my final class of the semester (class = turning in the final paper) and so i am now officially on summer break! it's been a long time coming, so i dressed up today to celebrate. pink lips, a new dress, and some heels can add happiness to any girl's day :)

 

forever 21 dress (22.80 & it came with the belt!), steve madden wedges (49.95 at nordstrom rack!), old school men's american eagle cardigan (39.95) for when it got chilly.

lately;

my wonderful cousin audrey graduated from cal state university monterey bay back in december, and she asked me to take some photos of her for her grad announcements! my good friend mia came along to help out with lighting and assisting. we had fun!



i snapped this hilarious photo of mia after i jokingly named her "my slave" 


look at those purple tones. gotta love film ♥

and don't worry, i managed to get at least one good shot of mia too :)







this past weekend, one of my best friends, jen, came home from college for the summer! we spent saturday afternoon watching silly specials about sandwiches on pbs, eating donuts, and surprising our other good friend leah at school and taking her out for dinner and a movie!



we ate at macaroni grill and saw the movie bridesmaids! it was amazingly hilarious. i highly recommend seeing it!


on sunday, jen and i grabbed starbucks and headed of to fashion island to get some much-needed friend/shopping time, and grab some essentials for the vacations we both have coming up. jen is heading to hawaii this weekend, and i'm off to the big apple the following weekend!

a few of the goodies i picked up: MAC coral lipstick Vegas that i've been yearning for, two tops, a dress, and jeans from forever21, white braided skinny belt from forever21, and Revlon's Va Va Violet lipstick!


we magically happened to spend the exact same amount of money at forever 21 so i snapped a photo of the receipts with my iPhone & the app Instagram! 

on the way home from our shopping adventure, we made a quick photo stop to finish up the roll i had left in my camera.


jen took this one of me:



later tonight i'm going with my mother to the mall to pick out new frames for my most recent eye prescription, as it's becoming a terrible pain to receive roll after roll of film with at least 50-60% of the photos blurry :|

oh, by the way: you can leave me a comment down below letting me know what you'd like to see more of on this blog! make-up tips, hairstyling how-to's, playlists, more fashion & shopping deals (a few of which amanda and i already have planned!), fun and easy diy's? i'd love to hear from you!

have a wonderful wednesday night, followers!
lots of love,
maryclaire


2 comments:

  1. You are just so lovely. I would like to see more of your fashion ideas...you have such a great style and I love the way you put things together. I have just recently discovered your blog and I must say, I find it so very refreshing. I love that it just feels like a glimpse into your life and nothing contrived or forced. So thanks for sharing and I am excited to see more!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darling Mary Claire! It's your cousin Bridget and I love your blog. I don't care what you put on it because all of it is truly fab! :) Have fun in NY!

    ReplyDelete